Job English by JoVEN JoBS
- The synonym of ‘notion’ is:
A. truth B. impression
C. faith D. fact
2. The antonym of ‘native’ is:
A. local B. congenial
C. intrinsic D. alien
3. The synonym of ‘reprimand’ is:
A. assume B. rebuke
C. reward D. revive
4. The antonym of ‘preserve’ is:
A. protect B. secure
C. ruin D. defend
Which alternative best represents the underlined portion of the sentence (Questions 5 to 8):
5. He is the black sheep of the society.
A. gentle animal B. winner
C. bad character D. Lazy boy
6. He kept his master in the dark for a long time.
A. In closed doors B. In a place without light
C. in a cool place D. in ignorance
7. Do not get upset about trivial matters.
A. Unexpected B. unimportant
C. unusual D. uncertain
8. Municipal taxes are based on an estimate of the value of one’s property.
A. an appraisal B. a forecast
C. a prediction D. an outline
9. The correct spelling is:
A. pharmaceutical B. pharmaceuticle
C. pharmacitical D. farmicitical
10. What does ‘doctrine’ mean?
A. principle B. counterfeit
C. brief D. scorn
Choose the pair that best expresses the relationship similar to the first pair. Questions (11 to 12):
11. Antenna : Signal
A. Net : Fish B. Bread : Food
C. Story : Reporter D. TV : Sound
12. Little : Big
A. Easy : Simple B. Quiet : Serene
C. Good : Better D. Tiny : Huge
Fill in the blanks : Questions (13 to 20)
13. Lucky is to fortunate as weak is to¾
A. humble B. obsolete
C. legitimate D. fragile
14. The invigilator made us ¾ our identity card at the test center.
A. Showing B. show
C. showed D. to show
15. For an investor who — money, silver or bond are good options.
A. has so little a B. has very little
C. has so few D. has very few
16. One should be careful about—duty.
A. his B. her
C. one’s D. the
17. — of this room will be sold.
A. The possession B. The position
C. Position D. A possession
18. While you — in the garden, someone arrived at home.
A. were working B. had worked
C. work D. will work
19. Plagiarism is — .
A. the art of writing
B. the science of human thoughts and reading minds
C. the art of politics
D. stealing someone else’s ideas and passing them off as one’s own
20. We wouldn’t mind— .
A. wait B. to waiting
C. to have waited D. waiting
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. C 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. A 10. A 11. A 12. D 13. D 14. B 15. B 16. C 17. A 18. A 19. D 20. D